Senior Meal Site menus
- Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy_term in similarterms_taxonomy_node_get_terms() (line 518 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: 0 in similarterms_list() (line 221 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in similarterms_list() (line 222 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
Senior Meal Site menus
Congregate Meals for area senior citizens are served on the following days at the locations listed (home delivery is also available):
WEST UNION – Monday through Friday, Senior Center on Armour St.
ARLINGTON – Wednes- day and Friday, Arlington Library basement.
CLERMONT – Monday and Friday, West Clermont Lutheran Church.
ELGIN – Tuesday and Thursday, Elgin Community Bldg./AMVETS Hall.
HAWKEYE – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Hawkeye Community Hall.
ST. LUCAS – Monday and Wednesday, St. Lucas Community Hall.
WAUCOMA – (Home delivery only)
The Meal Site menus for the week of March 21-March 27 will be as follows:
*Thursday, March 21 – Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, mixed-greens salad, WW bread, strawberry poke cake with strawberries. BINGO/WU.
*Friday, March 22 – Tuna and noodles, three-bean salad, garlic bread, fruit and yogurt parfait, cookie.
*Monday, March 25 – COOKS’ CHOICE.
*Tuesday, March 26 – Hamburger steak, cheddar mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, WW bread, granola, pudding with topping.
*Wednesday, March 27 – Roast turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, peas and carrots, WW bread, orange wedges, pumpkin pie with topping.
Each meal provides 1/3 of the Recommended Daily Allowance and includes a beverage. Menu is subject to change.
Serving at the Meal Site begins at 11:45 a.m.
* What’s for breakfast? Come on down to the West Union Meal Site between 7:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. each weekday for a tasty meal to rev up your day! All ages welcome!
* Senior card games are being played at the center from 1-3 p.m. every Tuesday. Refreshments are served. Come on down and enjoy the fun and fellowship!
* The suggested contribution for each meal is $5. Diners may give more or less than that amount, contributing what they think is fair and affordable toward the cost of the meal. (The cost is $6.20 for those under age 60.)
For meal reservations, please call (563) 422-6100 by 8 a.m.