Senior Meal Site menus
- Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy_term in similarterms_taxonomy_node_get_terms() (line 518 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined index: 0 in similarterms_list() (line 221 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in similarterms_list() (line 222 of /home/westunionfayette/www/www/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
Senior Meal Site menus
Congregate Meals for area senior citizens are served on the following days at the locations listed (home delivery is also available):
WEST UNION – Monday through Friday, Senior Center on Armour St.
ARLINGTON – Wednes- day and Friday, Arlington Library basement.
CLERMONT – Monday and Friday, West Clermont Lutheran Church.
ELGIN – Tuesday and Thursday, Elgin Community Bldg./AMVETS Hall.
HAWKEYE – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Hawkeye Community Hall.
ST. LUCAS – Monday and Wednesday, St. Lucas Community Hall.
WAUCOMA – (Home delivery only)
The Meal Site menus for the week of Aug. 29-Sept. 4 will be as follows:
*Thursday, Aug. 29 – Pork chop, sweet potatoes, green beans, berries, orange juice.
*Friday, Aug. 30 – Herb-baked chicken, boiled potatoes, carrot coins, WW bread, frozen yogurt, orange juice.
*Monday, Sept. 2 – LABOR DAY; SITES CLOSED.
*Tuesday, Sept. 3 – Beef noodle casserole, lettuce salad with tomatoes, WW bread, fluffy fruit dessert, orange juice.
*Wednesday, Sept. 4 – Roasted chicken breast, rice, green beans, dinner roll, assorted fruit, orange juice.
Each meal provides 1/3 of the Recommended Daily Allowance and includes a beverage. Menu is subject to change.
Serving at the Meal Site begins at 11:45 a.m.
* Don’t forget the downtown “Playin’ on the Plaza” concert series this Thursday evening at 6 p.m. It’s the final show for this season, and it’s free! So come on down to the Civic Plaza, relax, and enjoy some great local musical talent!
* Have you had breakfast yet? Come on down to the West Union Meal Site between 7:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. each weekday for a tasty meal to rev up your day! All ages welcome!
* Note: The cost to prepare and serve each meal is $7.26. Diners may give more or less than that amount, contributing what they think is fair and affordable toward the cost of the meal.
For meal reservations, please call (563) 422-6100 by 8 a.m.